M y resume can be viewed below. For the most part, it is up to date.
CERTIFIED BUSINESS TEACHER WITH EMPHASIS ON TECHNOLOGY BACKGROUND
Highly experienced, certified, Business Education teacher with seven and half years of teaching experience at the 9-12 grade level. Extensive experience in technology focusing on desktop support, web development, systems administration, and digital design. An analytical, critical thinker able to organize and deliver focused technology curriculum in many flavors of the IT industry specializing in Open-Source Development. Strong communicator, and interpersonal skills to enable building relationships with students in English and Spanish to build the gap between ELL and single language learners. Lifelong learner who keeps current with emerging technology trends, changing policies and procedures, and cutting-edge technology.
Professional Teaching Experience
Broward County Public Schools, Broward County, FL
CTE (Business) 9-12 Technology Teacher, South Plantation High School, Plantation Florida 2019 - Present
A proven, highly effective, technology teacher in industry certification with results in the 70% to 75% of tested students with IEPs and varying levels of reading, math, and science levels from level 2 through level 4. Assisted colleagues with technical support as well as providing guidance to resolve technical issues. Was named in 2019 number 1 top level Canvas user for Broward County District. In 2022 was named teacher of the month by students during the months of January, March, April, and May. Assisted during various forms of testing with technology support. Assisted educators setting up and using online cameras during Covid transition. Resolved and assisted other educators with Industry Certification computer issues for CTACE testing.
- Rated Highly Effective in i-observation
- Certified Business Teacher 6-12, eligible to teach A.P. Computer Science
- CTACE Passing rate of 70% -75% of tested students
- Extensive technology background (Adobe Products, Microsoft Products as well as HTML & CSS)
- A contributor to colleagues learning gains as well as technology supporter
- Canvas top rated user as well as Canvas Super User
- Technology Support Educator
CTE (Business) 9-12 Technology Teacher
Boyd H. Anderson, Fort Lauderdale, FL 2016 - 2019
Provided Business curriculum to students ranging from 9 grade through 12 grade in the field of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint. Additionally, taught Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator for Industry Certification. With a proven passing rate of 80% or higher in Adobe products, as well as Microsoft Suite. Assisted Colleagues with technology issues to support student passing rates in CTACE. Provided administrative support during the initial implementation of Canvas.
- Rated Highly Effective in i-observation
- Top rated Canvas Super User
- Industry Certification Passing Rates of 80% or higher
- Provided Personal Development course on Canvas usage for educators
- PHP4, PHP5.X (developing full web applications; CRM)
- Systems automation and maintenance tasks (Bash, PHP)
- Limited C & Java debugging; Make
- Smarty Template Engine
- Web Development
- Sencha EXTJS 3.X
- Operating System
- 12 years Linux /Unix Experience(Fedora, Centos, Red Hat, and other version)
- Desktop support of Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
- MySQL (maintenance, tuning, and other tasks in a medium size environment)
- Apache/Tomcat HTTP/HTTPS servers
- Vi, VIM, Webuilder, Zend Studio, Putty, and SecureCRT
- POP, IMAP, IMAPS
- SMTP (Postfix, Sendmail)
- Photoshop (5 years), SVN
- LAN/WAN security, VPN, Firewalls (IPFilters)
- Encryption (PGP, GnuPG, SSL), SSH(SSH v1, v2 and OpenSSH)
- Network TCP/IP, UDP, and ICMP Experience Troubleshooting
- Network maintenance and upgrades with router and switch experience
- Misc. Skills
- Watir, AutoIt experience (Python)
Private Industry Experience
The Real Local Pages LLC, Plantation, FLAugust xxxx to xxxx
PHP Developer/Systems Administrator
Developed new code as well as maintained existing code on multiple systems (RLP, DBS, and LCS). Administered multiple MySQL databases (4.0, 5.0) in order to streamline queries and manage database users. Integrated system with other SuperPages API for clicks through traffic. Provided technical support on as needed basis.
- Integrated Real Local Pages with SuperPages API for click through traffic.
- Encrypted all credit card and ACH information in database.
- Imported UK and AU data for lead generation purposes.
- Created and implemented multiple cron jobs for the purpose of providing data integrity as well as managing system accounts.
- Created interface for ISO accounts and as well as implemented ISO reporting scheme.
- Managed user accounts on Microsoft SBS as well as email accounts on Exchange server.
- Provided technical support to non-technical staff members on as needed basis.
- Generated Billing files for submission to ILD.
Avid Insurance Advisors, Sunrise, FLFebruary xxxx to Jun xxxx
PHP Developer/Systems Administrator
Maintained and developed new features for proprietary CRM system in the Insurance Industry. With an active customer count of 30000 members and over 160000 leads, provided support to over 50 sales staff personnel.
- Developed and maintained PHP5 CRM, Lead Dist. System
- Created PHP5 CLI and Bash scripts for system automation
- Implemented dedicated hosting solution for PCI compliance and certification
- Resolved existing system bugs and tested new features before deployment
- Implemented ticketing system for bugs and new feature tracking
- Supported full staff with technical issues on as needed basis
- Maintained and manage MySQL database, Apache Server, Unix environment
BrokerBuddy Inc, Fort Lauderdale, FL February xxxx to xxxx
PHP Developer/Systems Administrator/Tech Support
Developed and maintained proprietary PDF document retrieval system Responsible for the automated download of thousands of PDFS on a daily basis; Mediated client relations and client integration to the BrokerBuddy API.
- Hands on experience in Java OOD for main BrokerBuddy system
- Maintained and managed MySQL database
- Maintained all system hardware on a small server farm at COLO
- Designed and implemented web-based email campaign software in PHP5 for sending out bulk emails to perspective clients
- Tested and certified BrokerBuddy Inc. main system software for mortgage loans software
- Created PHP5, PERL and Shell applications for the collection of data
- Responsible for the implementation of Asterisk PBX system
Summary of Qualifications
- Developed and implemented proprietary document retrieval software yielding in excess of $12 million dollars additional in revenue
- Implemented VOIP phone system saving the company an additional cost of over $3000.00 per month
- Over 11 years developing personal and business based Web applications
- Strong skills installing, maintaining and administering Unix based OS’s; 12 years
- More than 6 years in experience in system analysis, design, programming and testing business applications on the web
- Very skilled in using, implementing and streamlining MySQL databases
- Designed and implemented website planning and optimization for search engines, accessibility and load speed
- Showed proficiency in leading co-workers while still forming cohesive team
- Over 15 years experience dealing with hardware & LAN, WAN Network infrastructure
- A analytical thinker with the ability to consistently resolve ongoing technical issues, often called upon to consult on problems that have eluded others
- Great verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
Florida International University Miami, Florida xxxx (B.S.)
Broward Community College Davie, Florida xxxx – xxxx (A.A.)
References can be provided upon request.